Citrix recently hosted a webinar for partners in which they shared information on the upcoming XenApp 7.5 release. Here are a few of the highlights:
- XenApp 7.5 availability: end of March 2014 (Q1)
- Web Interface: support extended to XenApp 7.x, with End of Life date extended to June 14th 2015.
- XenApp 6.5 to XenApp 7.5 migration: Citrix will be developing robust migration tools to aid with migrating settings and policies.
- No price changes
- XenApp/XenDesktop 7.x uses the new FMA architecture, as opposed to the IMA architecture in XenApp 6.5 and previous versions.
- Delivery Controllers replace Data Collectors
- Delivery Groups replace Worker Groups
- Local Host Cache (LHC): Not available in XenApp 7.5
Hybrid Cloud Provisioning
- Extend infrastructure to Amazon, Citrix Cloud, or Azure.